By Tom Lansford Ph.D.
This ebook analyzes the advanced explanations and results of the September eleven, 2001, terrorist assaults either locally and across the world, and examines the following wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
• presents insightful costs from modern figures and first records starting from Osama bin Laden's 1998 fatwa opposed to the USA to the 2006 Iraq research team Report
• comprises 12 biographies starting from Osama bin weighted down to George W. Bush that supply designated heritage on very important figures from the era
• provides a chronology of occasions from the Seventies to the current day, together with occurrences resulting in the September eleven, 2001, assaults and the Iraq War
• encompasses a decide upon bibliography of significant works at the September eleven, 2001, assaults; the struggle in Iraq; place of birth safeguard; and the battle on terror
• encompasses a particular thesaurus of keyword phrases reminiscent of "Shiite" and "weapons of mass destruction"
Read Online or Download 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide PDF
Best historical study & educational resources books
Geography and imaginative and prescient is a sequence of private reflections through prime cultural geographer, Denis Cosgrove, at the complicated connections among seeing, imagining and representing the realm geographically. Ranging traditionally from the 16th century to the current day, the essays contain reflections upon discovery and the position of mind's eye in giving it that means; colonisation and 16th century gardening; the shaping of yankee landscapes; wasteland, imperial mappings and masculinity; city cartography and utopian visions; conceptions of the Pacific; the cartography of John Ruskin; and the ingenious grip of the Equator.
Letters are tangible language. becoming a member of jointly in never-ending mixtures to really convey speech, letters express our messages and inform our tales. whereas we stumble upon those tiny shapes thousands of instances an afternoon, we take with no consideration the lengthy, interesting historical past at the back of essentially the most primary of human innovations -- the alphabet.
Booklet by means of Amory, Cleveland
The twenty-seventh quantity of Geographers: Biobibliographical reports comprises essays overlaying the geographical paintings and lasting value of 8 participants among the overdue 16th century and the early 20th century. The essays disguise early glossy geography, cartography and astronomy, geography's connections with overdue Renaissance humanism and spiritual politics, 'armchair geography' and textual enquiry in African geography, scientific mapping and Siberian trip, human ecology within the Vidalian culture, radical political geography in twentieth-century united states, American agricultural geography and cultural-historical geography in Japan and in India.
- Germans at Arras (Images of War)
- Oxford Dictionary of World History
- Atlas Of The Civil War, Edition: First
- Oxford Companion to Family and Local History
- Medieval Chivalry (Cambridge Medieval Textbooks)
- Time, Consumption and Everyday Life: Practice, Materiality and Culture (Cultures of Consumption Series)
Extra resources for 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide
In Newark, one of the bags of hijacker al-Haznawi was checked for explosives. Otherwise, security ofﬁcials would later report there was nothing suspicious about the 19 hijackers. Al-Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hamzi were both on the FBI terrorist list, but were able to buy tickets and board the planes without alerting law enforcement ofﬁcials. , while Flight 77 became the third, about 10 minutes later. m. Al-Shehhi took over the controls of Flight 175, with Ahmed al-Ghamdi, Hamza al-Ghamdi, Banihammad, and al-Shehri as the other hijackers.
In January 1995, al Qaeda plotter Ramzi Yousef attempted to launch a terrorism campaign. S. airliners in ﬂight during a 48-hour period. Filipino police uncovered the plot, which prevented most of the strikes, but one bomb exploded on an airplane, killing one. The failed plot was part of al Qaeda’s strategy of undertaking ever more spectacular acts of terrorism. -Pakistani operation. He was extradited to the United States and convicted of his role in both the 1993 WTC bombing and the 1995 plot. Meanwhile, on November 13, seven people were killed when Islamic terrorists linked to al Qaeda detonated a car bomb at a military training facility in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Targets. Bin Laden approved the scheme in 1999, setting in motion the most devastating terrorist attack in world history. The 9/11 Plot The idea of using airplanes as weapons was not new. S. and allied vessels. On September 12, 1994, Frank Eugene Corder crashed a small, stolen, single-engine airplane into the south lawn of the White House (Corder was not apparently trying to crash into the White House, but land the plane on the grass). S. security and law enforcement agencies to launch studies on the possibility of suicide attacks by aircraft.