By John F. Mongillo
This multivolume source is a superb learn software for constructing a operating wisdom of uncomplicated strength options and topics.
• comprises interviews of academics, scholars, and businesspeople within the renewable strength fields
• offers power timelines charting the old improvement of alternative power assets
• bargains one hundred fifty specified Illustrations of electrical cars and hydrogen gas cells plus 50 tables, and charts of data
• provides a few maps displaying the worldwide improvement of wind strength, solar energy, and geothermal power
• A bibliography of print and on-line assets is incorporated for extra reading
Read Online or Download A Student Guide to Energy [5 volumes] PDF
Best mechanical engineering books
Technology/Engineering/Mechanical is helping you progress from conception to optimizing engineering platforms in virtually any Now in its Fourth variation, Professor Singiresu Rao's acclaimed textual content Engineering Optimization permits readers to fast grasp and practice the entire very important optimization equipment in use this day throughout a large variety of industries.
Those volumes include chapters written by means of specialists in such parts as bio and foodstuff rheology, polymer rheology, movement of suspensions, circulation in porous media, electrorheological fluids, and so forth. Computational in addition to analytical mathematical descriptions, related to applicable constitutive equations care for complicated movement occasions of commercial value.
This article kinds a part of fabric taught in the course of a direction in complex reservoir simulation at Delft college of know-how during the last 10 years. The contents have additionally been offered at a variety of brief classes for business and educational researchers drawn to heritage wisdom had to practice examine within the region of closed-loop reservoir administration, often referred to as clever fields, regarding e.
- How Round Is Your Circle?: Where Engineering and Mathematics Meet
- Extraction of Natural Products Using Near-Critical Solvents, 1st Edition
- Rules of Thumb for Mechanical Engineers
- Proper Generalized Decompositions: An Introduction to Computer Implementation with Matlab (SpringerBriefs in Applied Sciences and Technology)
Extra info for A Student Guide to Energy [5 volumes]
Coal power plants produce almost 50 percent of all electricity used in the United States. Solar power plants, wind farms, geothermal plants, and the burning of biomass such as trash for electrical power generate only about 2 percent of all electricity. The thermal power plants use coal, petroleum, and natural gas to convert water into steam. The steam is pumped through a pipe at high pressures to spin a generator, which makes the electricity. The nuclear power plant uses Energy and Energy Sources a 17 View of the massive Hoover Dam from a helicopter.
Concentrating solar power (CSP) technologies use reﬂective materials to concentrate the sun’s heat energy. The heat eventually is used to drive a generator to produce electricity. Low-temperature solar collectors, such as active and passive solar energy systems, absorb the sun’s heat energy. The thermal energy is used directly for space heating or for hot water for homes and businesses. Refer to volume 2 in this series for more solar energy information. Hydroelectric Power Hydroelectric power uses the kinetic energy of ﬂowing water to drive wheels or turbines to generate electricity.
6 a A Student Guide to Energy Electromagnetic energy. Electromagnetic energy consists of waves of electric and magnetic energy radiating through space and traveling at the speed of light. Thermal energy or heat. Geothermal energy is an example of thermal energy. The more atoms and molecules move in a gas, liquid, or solid, the more thermal energy there is in the material or substance. Sound. Sound is a form of kinetic energy in which molecules of air vibrate in a repeated pattern, causing the molecules to move in longitudinal wave patterns.