By Joseph H. Silverman, Jeffrey Hoffstein, Jill Pipher
This self-contained creation to trendy cryptography emphasizes the maths in the back of the idea of public key cryptosystems and electronic signature schemes. The ebook specializes in those key themes whereas constructing the mathematical instruments wanted for the development and protection research of various cryptosystems. simply easy linear algebra is needed of the reader; concepts from algebra, quantity idea, and likelihood are brought and constructed as required. this article presents a great creation for arithmetic and desktop technological know-how scholars to the mathematical foundations of contemporary cryptography. The e-book comprises an intensive bibliography and index; supplementary fabrics can be found online.
The booklet covers a number of subject matters which are thought of crucial to mathematical cryptography. Key issues include:
* classical cryptographic buildings, resembling Diffie–Hellmann key trade, discrete logarithm-based cryptosystems, the RSA cryptosystem, and electronic signatures;
* primary mathematical instruments for cryptography, together with primality checking out, factorization algorithms, chance thought, info thought, and collision algorithms;
* an in-depth therapy of significant cryptographic ideas, comparable to elliptic curves, elliptic curve and pairing-based cryptography, lattices, lattice-based cryptography, and the NTRU cryptosystem.
The moment version of An advent to Mathematical Cryptography incorporates a major revision of the fabric on electronic signatures, together with an previous creation to RSA, Elgamal, and DSA signatures, and new fabric on lattice-based signatures and rejection sampling. Many sections were rewritten or improved for readability, specifically within the chapters on details idea, elliptic curves, and lattices, and the bankruptcy of extra subject matters has been improved to incorporate sections on electronic money and homomorphic encryption. various new workouts were incorporated.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Mathematical Cryptography (2nd Edition) (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) PDF
Similar cryptography books
As a result of the quick development of electronic conversation and digital facts alternate, info safeguard has develop into an important factor in undefined, enterprise, and management. sleek cryptography offers crucial concepts for securing details and holding info. within the first half, this ebook covers the main recommendations of cryptography on an undergraduate point, from encryption and electronic signatures to cryptographic protocols.
This ebook constitutes the refereed complaints of the seventh overseas Workshop on concept and perform in Public Key Cryptography, PKC 2004, held in Singapore in March 2004. The 32 revised complete papers awarded have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from 106 submissions. All present concerns in public key cryptography are addressed starting from theoretical and mathematical foundations to a vast number of public key cryptosystems.
This e-book makes a truly available creation to a crucial modern software of quantity conception, summary algebra, and likelihood. It includes various computational examples all through, giving novices the chance to use, perform, and cost their figuring out of key techniques. KEY themes assurance starts off from scratch in treating chance, entropy, compression, Shannon¿s theorems, cyclic redundancy tests, and error-correction.
- Understanding Cryptography: A Textbook for Students and Practitioners
- Contemporary Cryptography (Artech House Computer Security Series) (1st Edition)
- Cryptography: A Very Short Introduction
- Modern Cryptanalysis: Techniques for Advanced Code Breaking
- Communication System Security (Chapman & Hall/CRC Cryptography and Network Security Series)
Extra info for An Introduction to Mathematical Cryptography (2nd Edition) (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics)
If an organization has reasons to care about the output of an SDO, it has reason to input into that SDO, and that means investing in at least the review and comment process. 5. Level 4: Member For the standards that are or may be critical to an organization, that organization may become a member of the SDO. ” This means more than influencing the developing standards or even influencing the developers. It means being one of the developers. SDOs have members because there is a need for new standards or revisions of existing ones and member companies have a stake in what is standardized, on how it is standardized, and on how a standard is specifically worded.
4. WHY GET INVOLVED IN SDO PROCESSES? There are two major reasons why an organization should be involved in standards, including the international IT Security standards that are important to it. The first concerns the advantages such participation provides and the other concerns the risks that failure to participate allows. For international IT security standards, the results may have minor or major effects on different types of organizations. It must be obvious that IT vendors and particularly IT security vendors have a major stake in these standards.
18. : Integration of risk management with the Common Criteria (ISO/IEC th 15408:1999), 5 International CC Conference, Berlin, September 2004. 19. : Simpler security targets, 5th International CC Conference, Berlin, September 2004. 20. : BS 7799-2 and Common Criteria—Supporting the business of software th development, 5 International CC Conference, Berlin, September 2004. 21. : Application of the Common Criteria to Information Security Management Systems—A study, 5th International CC Conference, Berlin, September 2004.