By David A. Crowder
The bestselling advisor to development a knockout site, newly updated
An potent site is the major to good fortune for each enterprise from category reunions to significant agencies. and because internet expertise adjustments quickly, Building an internet site For Dummies, 4th Edition is absolutely up-to-date for the state-of-the-art instruments and trends.
If you want to construct and keep an internet site, whether your event is significantly constrained, this e-book makes it effortless and enjoyable. you will learn how to plan, layout, create, release, and retain your website utilizing the main up to date tools.
- A caliber net presence is key in modern-day industry, and plenty of contributors charged with growing one are blind to the challenges
- This advisor offers beginner internet designers the instruments and knowledge to plot, layout, and construct powerful net sites
- Provides a nuts-and-bolts advisor to site-building, together with assurance of HTML, WYSIWYG building software program, CSS, and navigation plans
- Shows tips to spruce up your website with topnotch images, video, and nice content
- Guides you thru getting your website on-line, selling it, or even getting cash from it
Building an internet site For Dummies, 4th Edition is the device each first-time net clothier must construct a professional-looking site.
Read or Download Building a Web Site For Dummies PDF
Best web design books
Movable variety, a reasonably cheap, allotted publishing software program resolution helps millions of site builders arrange and automate the internet content material administration procedure. In 24 well-paced chapters, the authors of Sams educate your self Movable style in 24 Hours convey readers the best way to set up, customize, and configure Movable variety into an integral content material administration device.
Liquid or fluid layouts switch width according to the user's special equipment viewing measurement. most of these layouts have consistently been attainable with tables yet provide new layout demanding situations in addition to possibilities whilst equipped with CSS. This e-book, for knowledgeable net designers with a few CSS event, outlines tips on how to do that effectively.
Discover the Moodle Gradebook and observe how one can arrange and customise it to trace scholars' progressAbout This BookContains updated info on model 2. 7 of Moodle Gradebook, supplying you with an cutting edge option to the demanding situations of contemporary educationOptimize your use of the Gradebook and discover its wide monitoring and grade calculation featuresPacked with step by step directions with helpful screenshots that will help you practice principles in your personal Moodle courseWho This e-book Is ForThis booklet is for lecturers and directors who've adventure with Moodle.
Sams train your self fb® in 10 mins 3rd variation Sherry Kinkoph Gunter Sams educate your self fb® in 10 mins, 3rd variation deals effortless, functional solutions for those who desire quickly effects. by way of operating via 10-minute classes, you’ll study every thing you must recognize to fast and simply wake up to hurry with fb.
- Business Process Driven SOA using BPMN and BPEL: From Business Process Modeling to Orchestration and Service Oriented Architecture
- HTML Manual of Style: A Clear, Concise Reference for Hypertext Markup Language (including HTML5), Fourth Edition (4th Edition)
- Evolutionary Concepts in End User Productivity and Performance: Applications for Organizational Progress
- Database of Piano Chords: An Engineering View of Harmony (SpringerBriefs in Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Beginning Drupal
- Implementing SugarCRM 5.x
Additional resources for Building a Web Site For Dummies
The key is to remember your site’s purpose as you’re designing any page. If anything you’re considering adding to the page doesn’t serve that purpose, don’t add it. If you discover some fun or glitzy gizmo that you simply must put on a page — and I show you plenty in this book to tempt you — first determine if you can make it fit in with what you already have on that page. If you absolutely can’t fit it in, but you still want to add it, maybe you can take something else out to make room for it.
Stick with it, and you’re unlikely to run into problems. htm Images The most common item other than text on Web pages is the image, represented by the IMG element. The only absolutely required attribute for that element is the src attribute, which specifies the name and, if the file is located somewhere other than in the same directory as the HTML file that links to it, the location of the graphics file. qxp 40 8/21/07 11:11 PM Page 40 Part II: Building Your Site Figure 3-8: This image of some bored people is in a JPEG file format.
If that’s your particular cup of tea, by all means do it, but whatever means you employ, the goal’s the same — to stop doing just plain thinking and reach a different level of understanding. Now, I’ve got nothing against day-to-day thinking. I do a fair amount of it myself. But standard thinking means that you’re using only half of your brainpower. People’s brains have two halves. The left brain is the one that people “live in” most of the time — the one that handles numbers and words and sees everything as sequential.