By Robert K. Yin
This new version of the best-selling Case examine Research has been conscientiously revised, up-to-date, and improved whereas preserving nearly all the positive aspects and insurance of the Second Edition. Robert Yin's complete presentation covers all points of the case examine method--from challenge definition, layout, and information assortment, to information research and composition and reporting. Yin additionally strains the makes use of and value of case stories to quite a lot of disciplines, from sociology, psychology and historical past to administration, making plans, social paintings, and education.
Read or Download Case Study Research: Design and Methods, 3rd Edition (Applied Social Research Methods, Vol. 5) PDF
Similar research books
'For an individual looking to create that means out of existence, encourage others with booklet of analysis discoveries and insights, and aid the realm turn into a greater position during which to stay and paintings, motion study holds nice promise as an strategy. The problem is to do it good and with rigor. The instruction manual is an impressive choice of articles that might support the reader do all of that' - Richard E.
The complicated study Workshop (ARW) on Condensed subject Re seek utilizing Neutrons, at the present time and the following day used to be held in Abingdon, Oxfordshire for 4 days starting 26 March 1984. The Workshop was once backed via NATO and the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory. a complete of 32 academics and members attended.
This ebook offers the results of 4 years of academic learn within the EU-supported venture known as position (Responsive on-line studying Environments). function expertise is based round the proposal of self-regulated studying that creates accountable novices, who're able to severe considering and ready to plan their very own studying methods.
- Lymphoma Research Foundation Patient Booklets 2010
- Chemokine Biology: Basic Research and Clinical Application: Vol. 2: Pathophysiology of Chemokines (Progress in Inflammation Research)
- The Operations Research Problem Solver (A Complete Solution Guide to Any Textbook, REA's Problem Solvers)
- Ubungen und Fallbeispiele zum Operations Research
Additional resources for Case Study Research: Design and Methods, 3rd Edition (Applied Social Research Methods, Vol. 5)
21) we have x1 u = and v = log x. 23) . 24) , such that their Wronskian is unity. We are concerned with finding one— parameter groups of the form (3. 23) invariant. 25) . 25) From this condition we deduce to be zero. 25) becomes d3y __! &_. - + g 5 3 g 4 g Using this equation and 3 dy1 dy1 i— + dx1 + q(x1)y1 = 0 I we obtain on multiplying by — g2 the equation, + + — 4gtg" + p(f)gg' + q(f)g3]y = o. 23) is self—adjolnt (see problem 14) is a constant. 29). general solution of zero. 30) , and we have — where A, B = 4(AC — B2) + and denote arbitrary constants and we have used the fact that C the Wronskian of for a given q(x) = where E(x) I is unity.
12) . 13) . 14) , are the canonical coordinatee of the group and i8 eome function of u only. 6) we need to find = (x+x2—y2)fl — Unfortunately = Try 1 and (that is, (x+x2+y2) n +y and n(x,y) such that ,,2 — (x+x2+y2)2 — + must now be determined by trial and n(x,y) constant) then F error. must satisfy — (x+x2—y2) = Unfortunately even at this stage we cannot systematically solve this equation since the solution by Lagrange's method involves solving the original differential equation (see problem 3).
This result is due originally to Lie  (see problem 1) and is generally given some prominence in the literature. However, from the point of view of actually solving differential equations the use of canonical coordinates is preferable. Moreover as we have seen in the previous chapter canonical coordinates can be used with higher order equations and therefore we will emphasize their use here. 9) we see that there exists a function 9z_ — —F 9z ' z(x,y) 1 9y — (ri—FE) . 11) 51 But we have az dx dz = dy—Fdx dy =0 = Thus where we have used (4.