By Emily A. Vander Veer
- Getting up to the mark at the simple details and abilities you want to begin making a internet site
- Finding a web merchant (ISP) or a loose Web-hosting like Yahoo! GeoCities to host your net pages
- Choosing and registering a site name
- Selecting instruments on your net workshop, together with net browsers, photographs courses, HTML editors, Java and animation instruments, and place of work suites
- Designing and tweaking websites with HTML
- Using FrontPage 2003 as an HTML editor, a picture editor, and an internet site publisher
- Using Dreamweaver MX 2004, with details on incorporating pictures akin to rollovers and sizzling spots, laying out pages with layers, utilizing templates, and more
- Adding pizzazz for your websites with multimedia, together with photographs, sound, video, animation, and applets
- Using Flash MX 2004 to create subtle photograph results and movies
- Adding e-commerce power utilizing simplified, hosted, off-the-shelf, or build-your-own systems
- Using XML (Extensible Markup Language) to encapsulate and transmit not only web content yet any form of based details (such as database records)
Whole books were written on those themes and courses, yet this all-in-one advisor provide you with a great assessment of crucial info. step by step directions and monitor photographs consultant you easily notwithstanding the stuff you are looking to do. And you’ll get hands-on adventure correct from the beginning with the CD-ROM that includes the e-book. It includes:
- Trial models of Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004, Flash MX 2004, and Contribute
- xmlspy model 2004 domestic version, evaluation
If you’re trying to find a handy reference that may get you all started and provides you the fundamentals on including new gains and features on your web content, growing Web Pages for Dummies, second Edition is the source you’ll use back and again.
Note:CD-ROM/DVD and different supplementary fabrics aren't integrated as a part of book file.
Read or Download Creating Web Pages All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) PDF
Similar web design books
Movable sort, a inexpensive, disbursed publishing software program resolution helps hundreds of thousands of website builders set up and automate the net content material administration approach. In 24 well-paced chapters, the authors of Sams train your self Movable variety in 24 Hours express readers tips to set up, customize, and configure Movable sort into an critical content material administration device.
Liquid or fluid layouts swap width in line with the user's designated machine viewing dimension. a lot of these layouts have regularly been attainable with tables yet provide new layout demanding situations in addition to possibilities whilst equipped with CSS. This e-book, for knowledgeable internet designers with a few CSS adventure, outlines tips to do that effectively.
Discover the Moodle Gradebook and observe how one can arrange and customise it to trace scholars' progressAbout This BookContains up to date info on model 2. 7 of Moodle Gradebook, supplying you with an leading edge approach to the demanding situations of recent educationOptimize your use of the Gradebook and discover its vast monitoring and grade calculation featuresPacked with step by step directions with necessary screenshots that can assist you observe principles in your personal Moodle courseWho This publication Is ForThis ebook is for academics and directors who've adventure with Moodle.
Sams train your self fb® in 10 mins 3rd version Sherry Kinkoph Gunter Sams train your self fb® in 10 mins, 3rd version deals hassle-free, functional solutions for those who desire speedy effects. via operating via 10-minute classes, you’ll research every thing you want to recognize to fast and simply wake up to hurry with fb.
- Smashing Book 5: Real-Life Responsive Web Design — Part 2
- Business Process Driven SOA using BPMN and BPEL: From Business Process Modeling to Orchestration and Service Oriented Architecture
- Apache Roller 4.0 – Beginner's Guide
- Mastering TypoScript
Extra resources for Creating Web Pages All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
Out-of-date information turns away visitors. Make sure that you frequently update your Web pages with current information. Obviously, some Web pages need to be changed more than others. For example, if you maintain a Web page that lists the team standings for a soccer league, you have to update the page after every game. On the other hand, a page that features medieval verse romances doesn’t need to be updated very often, unless someone discovers a previously unpublished Chaucer text hidden in a trunk.
You can create a simple text menu, or you can opt for a fancy graphics-based menu in which the user can click different parts of the image to go to different pages. However, if you use this type of menu, called an image map, be sure to provide a text menu as an alternative What to Include on Every Web Site 23 for users who don’t want to wait for the image map to download or who have turned off graphic downloads altogether. For more information about image maps, see Book I, Chapter 4. Book I Chapter 1 Here are a few other goodies you may want to include on your home page: Creating a Successful Web Site ✦ An indication of new content that is available on your Web site: Users who return to your site often want to know right away when new information is available.
Others have giant 19-inch monitors that run at 1,280 x 1,024. Your pages look different depending on the display resolution of the user’s computer. A good middle-ofthe-road approach is to design your pages for 800 x 600. ߜ Different connection speeds: Some users are connected to the Internet over highspeed T3 lines or cable modems, which can send megabytes of data in seconds. 8 Kbps (still common in other countries), both of which download large graphic files at a snail’s pace. To compensate for lack of speed, some users set up their browsers so that graphics are not automatically downloaded.