By Govind P. Agrawal
This ebook offers a entire account of fiber-optic verbal exchange structures. The 3rd variation of this booklet is used world wide as a textbook in lots of universities. This 4th variation accommodates contemporary advances that experience happened, specifically new chapters. One offers with the complex modulation codecs (such as DPSK, QPSK, and QAM) which are more and more getting used for bettering spectral potency of WDM lightwave structures. the second one chapter focuses on new recommendations akin to all-optical regeneration which are below improvement and certain for use in destiny conversation structures. All different chapters are up-to-date, besides.
Read or Download Fiber-Optic Communication Systems PDF
Best imaging systems books
From stories of the 1st version: "This is a scholarly travel de strength during the international of morphological picture research […]. i like to recommend this ebook unreservedly because the top one i've got encountered in this specific subject […]" BMVA information
From its preliminary booklet titled Laser Beam Scanning in 1985 to guide of Optical and Laser Scanning, now in its moment version, this reference has saved execs and scholars on the vanguard of optical scanning expertise. conscientiously and meticulously up to date in each one generation, the publication remains to be the main complete scanning source out there.
Provides contemporary major and quick improvement within the box of second and 3D picture research 2nd and 3D picture research through Moments, is a different compendium of moment-based picture research together with conventional equipment and likewise displays the newest improvement of the sphere. The ebook provides a survey of 2nd and 3D second invariants with admire to similarity and affine spatial differences and to snapshot blurring and smoothing via a number of filters.
- Panoramic Imaging: Sensor-Line Cameras and Laser Range-Finders
- Advanced Signal Processing Handbook: Theory and Implementation for Radar, Sonar, and Medical Imaging Real Time Systems (Electrical Engineering & Applied Signal Processing Series)
- High Dynamic Range Imaging: Sensors and Architectures (SPIE Press Monograph PM214)
- Systems of syntactic analysis
- Colour Image Processing Handboook
Additional resources for Fiber-Optic Communication Systems
5, a large number of transoceanic lightwave systems have already been installed to create an international fiber-optic network. Short-haul telecommunication applications cover intracity and local-loop traffic. Such systems typically operate at low bit rates over distances of less than 10 km. The use of single-channel lightwave systems for such applications is not very cost-effective, and multichannel networks with multiple services should be considered. The concept of a broadband integrated-services digital network requires a high-capacity communication system capable of carrying multiple services.
However, the situation changed drastically in 1970 when, following an earlier suggestion , the loss of optical fibers was reduced to below 20 dB/km . 55-µ m spectral region . The availability of low-loss fibers led to a revolution in the field of lightwave technology and started the era of fiber-optic communications. Several books devoted entirely to optical fibers cover numerous advances made in their design and understanding –. This chapter focuses on the role of optical fibers as a communication channel in lightwave systems.
33) can be solved numerically to determine the propagation constant β . In general, it may have multiple solutions for each integer value of m. It is customary to enumerate these solutions in descending numerical order and denote them by β mn for a given m (n = 1, 2, . . ). Each value β mn corresponds to one possible mode of propagation of the optical field whose spatial distribution is obtained from Eqs. 32). Since the field distribution does not change with propagation except for a phase factor and satisfies all boundary conditions, it is an optical mode of the fiber.