By Darrel Hankerson, Alfred J. Menezes, Scott Vanstone
After 20 years of analysis and improvement, elliptic curve cryptography now has common publicity and recognition. undefined, banking, and govt criteria are in position to facilitate wide deployment of this effective public-key mechanism.
Anchored by way of a entire remedy of the sensible features of elliptic curve cryptography (ECC), this advisor explains the elemental arithmetic, describes cutting-edge implementation equipment, and provides standardized protocols for public-key encryption, electronic signatures, and key institution. additionally, the booklet addresses a few matters that come up in software program and implementation, in addition to side-channel assaults and countermeasures. Readers obtain the theoretical basics as an underpinning for a wealth of functional and obtainable wisdom approximately effective application.
Features & Benefits:
- Breadth of assurance and unified, built-in method of elliptic curve cryptosystems
- Describes very important and executive protocols, akin to the FIPS 186-2 normal from the U.S. nationwide Institute for criteria and Technology
- Provides complete exposition on concepts for successfully imposing finite-field and elliptic curve arithmetic
- Distills advanced arithmetic and algorithms for simple understanding
- Includes invaluable literature references, an inventory of algorithms, and appendices on pattern parameters, ECC criteria, and software program tools
This entire, hugely targeted reference is an invaluable and integral source for practitioners, pros, or researchers in laptop technological know-how, laptop engineering, community layout, and community info protection.
Read Online or Download Guide to Elliptic Curve Cryptography (Springer Professional Computing) PDF
Best cryptography books
End result of the swift development of electronic communique and digital information alternate, details safeguard has turn into a very important factor in undefined, company, and management. glossy cryptography presents crucial suggestions for securing info and retaining facts. within the first half, this publication covers the foremost thoughts of cryptography on an undergraduate point, from encryption and electronic signatures to cryptographic protocols.
This booklet constitutes the refereed court cases of the seventh foreign Workshop on concept and perform in Public Key Cryptography, PKC 2004, held in Singapore in March 2004. The 32 revised complete papers provided have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 106 submissions. All present concerns in public key cryptography are addressed starting from theoretical and mathematical foundations to a wide number of public key cryptosystems.
This publication makes a really obtainable advent to an important modern software of quantity idea, summary algebra, and likelihood. It includes a variety of computational examples all through, giving newbies the chance to use, perform, and fee their realizing of key suggestions. KEY themes assurance begins from scratch in treating chance, entropy, compression, Shannon¿s theorems, cyclic redundancy assessments, and error-correction.
- The Codebreakers: The Comprehensive History of Secret Communication from Ancient Times to the Internet
- Cryptography, Edition: version 15 Aug 2008
- Lightweight Cryptography for Security and Privacy: Third International Workshop, LightSec 2014, Istanbul, Turkey, September 1-2, 2014, Revised Selected Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Introduction to Modern Cryptography: Principles and Protocols
- Verification of Infinite-State Systems with Applications to Security: Volume 1 NATO Security through Science Series: Information and Communication Security
- The Mathematics of Ciphers: Number Theory and RSA Cryptography
Additional resources for Guide to Elliptic Curve Cryptography (Springer Professional Computing)
Since b ≥ 3 and p < bk , we have 3 p < bk+1 . Thus 0 ≤ z −q p < bk+1 , and so r = z −q p after step 3. Hence, at most two subtractions at step 4 are required to obtain 0 ≤ r < p, and then r = z mod p. 14) (i) A natural choice for the base is b = 2 L where L is near the word size of the processor. (ii) Other than the calculation of µ (which is done once per modulus), the divisions required are simple shifts of the base-b representation. (iii) Let z = z/bk−1 . Note that z and µ have at most k + 1 base-b digits.
3. Depth-2 splits for 192-bit integers. The product x y using (a) has three 96×96 multiplications. Each is performed with a 32×32 and two 64×64 (each requiring three 32×32) multiplications, for a total of 21 multiplications of size 32 ×32. Using (b) or (c), only 18 multiplications of size 32×32 are required. As a second illustration, consider Karatsuba-Ofman applied to 192-bit integers, again with W = 32. 3. 3(a) will require 21, while (b) and (c) use 18. The basic idea is that multiplication of 3l-bit integers x = x2 22l + x1 2l + x0 and y = y2 22l + y1 2l + y0 can be done as x y = (x2 22l + x1 2l + x0 ) · (y2 22l + y1 2l + y0 ) = x2 y2 24l + (x2 y1 + x1 y2 )23l + (x2 y0 + x0 y2 + x1 y1 )22l + (x1 y0 + x0 y1 )2l + x0 y0 = x2 · y2 24l + [(x2 + x1 ) · (y2 + y1 ) − x2 y2 − x1 · y1 ]23l + [(x2 + x0 ) · (y2 + y0 ) − x2 y2 − x0 · y0 + x1 y1 ]22l + [(x1 + x0 ) · (y1 + y0 ) − x1 y1 − x0 y0 ]2l + x0 y0 for a total of six multiplications of l-bit integers.
The reduction step can be accelerated considerably when the modulus p has a special form. 6. The algorithms presented here are well suited for software implementation. We assume that the implementation platform has a W -bit architecture where W is a multiple of 8. Workstations are commonly 64- or 32-bit architectures. Low-power or inexpensive components may have smaller W , for example, some embedded systems are 16-bit and smartcards may have W = 8. The bits of a W -bit word U are numbered from 0 to W − 1, with the rightmost bit of U designated as bit 0.