By Jon Erickson
Hacking is the artwork of artistic challenge fixing, no matter if that suggests discovering an unconventional way to a tough challenge or exploiting holes in sloppy programming. many of us name themselves hackers, yet few have the powerful technical beginning had to fairly push the envelope.
instead of purely displaying the right way to run present exploits, writer Jon Erickson explains how arcane hacking strategies really paintings. To percentage the artwork and technological know-how of hacking in a manner that's obtainable to every person, Hacking: The artwork of Exploitation, second variation introduces the basics of C programming from a hacker's perspective.
The integrated LiveCD presents a whole Linux programming and debugging environment-all with out editing your present working approach. Use it to stick with in addition to the book's examples as you fill gaps on your wisdom and discover hacking options by yourself. Get your palms soiled debugging code, overflowing buffers, hijacking community communications, bypassing protections, exploiting cryptographic weaknesses, and even perhaps inventing new exploits. This ebook will educate you ways to:
* software desktops utilizing C, meeting language, and shell scripts
* Corrupt approach reminiscence to run arbitrary code utilizing buffer overflows and structure strings
* check out processor registers and process reminiscence with a debugger to realize a true realizing of what's happening
* Outsmart universal safety features like nonexecutable stacks and intrusion detection systems
* achieve entry to a distant server utilizing port-binding or connect-back shellcode, and change a server's logging habit to conceal your presence
* Redirect community site visitors, disguise open ports, and hijack TCP connections
* Crack encrypted instant site visitors utilizing the FMS assault, and accelerate brute-force assaults utilizing a password chance matrix
Hackers are regularly pushing the bounds, investigating the unknown, and evolving their artwork. whether you don't already know the way to application, Hacking: The paintings of Exploitation, 2d version provides you with an entire photograph of programming, laptop structure, community communications, and latest hacking suggestions. mix this information with the incorporated Linux setting, and all you wish is your individual creativity.
Read or Download Hacking: The Art of Exploitation (2nd Edition) PDF
Similar cryptography books
Because of the swift progress of electronic verbal exchange and digital information alternate, details protection has develop into a very important factor in undefined, company, and management. sleek cryptography presents crucial recommendations for securing details and retaining info. within the first half, this booklet covers the foremost suggestions of cryptography on an undergraduate point, from encryption and electronic signatures to cryptographic protocols.
This ebook constitutes the refereed court cases of the seventh overseas Workshop on concept and perform in Public Key Cryptography, PKC 2004, held in Singapore in March 2004. The 32 revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 106 submissions. All present matters in public key cryptography are addressed starting from theoretical and mathematical foundations to a large number of public key cryptosystems.
This ebook makes a truly obtainable advent to a crucial modern program of quantity idea, summary algebra, and likelihood. It includes quite a few computational examples all through, giving inexperienced persons the chance to use, perform, and money their knowing of key ideas. KEY issues insurance begins from scratch in treating likelihood, entropy, compression, Shannon¿s theorems, cyclic redundancy exams, and error-correction.
- Ransomware: Defending Against Digital Extortion
- Advances in Cryptology - ASIACRYPT 2003: 9th International Conference on the Theory and Application of Cryptology and Information Security, Taipei, Taiwan, November 30 – December 4, 2003. Proceedings
- Hacking Point of Sale: Payment Application Secrets, Threats, and Solutions
- Elliptic Curves: A Computational Approach (De Gruyter Studies in Mathematics, Volume 31)
- Computational Algebraic Geometry [Lecture notes]
Additional info for Hacking: The Art of Exploitation (2nd Edition)
The first print command shows the value of int_var, and the second shows its address using the address-of operator. The next two print commands show that int_ptr contains the address of int_var, and they also show the address of the int_ptr for good measure. 46 0x200 An additional unary operator called the dereference operator exists for use with pointers. This operator will return the data found in the address the pointer is pointing to, instead of the address itself. It takes the form of an asterisk in front of the variable name, similar to the declaration of a pointer.
Gdb) When the program is run, the strcpy() breakpoint is resolved. At each breakpoint, we’re going to look at EIP and the instructions it points to. Notice that the memory location for EIP at the middle breakpoint is different. \n"); (gdb) i r eip eip 0x80483c4 0x80483c4
The first line may be confusing, but it’s just C syntax that tells the compiler to include headers for a standard input/output (I/O) library named stdio . This header file is added to the program when it is compiled. h, and it defines several constants and function prototypes for corresponding functions in the standard I/O library. Since the main() function uses the printf() function from the standard I/O P rog ra m min g 19 library, a function prototype is needed for printf() before it can be used.